Overview

The license issued in 2012 is valid for 3 years and encompasses an attractively located area in the Silesian Region, Southern Poland, that adjoins the Rybnik power plant that is interested in operating the project, consuming about 4.5 million tons of coal a year. The area covered by the license is equipped with high level infrastructure, including roads, rail, power and water supply.

The area covered by the license is two fold:

– area that has been drilled and encompasses 507 million tons of measured resources (d=1.35; Cv=24-30 Mj/kg) of the convenient thickness and depth) of the convenient thickness and depth; and

– area that has yet to be explored and according to initial estimates resources amount to additional 300 million tons.

There are 25 existing wells within the license (plus 6 exploration wells nearby) and geological information is available for each of them.

The coal in the deposit represents three groups of seams:
o Group 400 – reserves of 112 million tons, thickness from 1.0 to 2.4 m;
o Group 500 – reserves of 346 million tons, thickness from 1.1 to 11.4 m; and
o Group 600 – reserves of 49 million tons, thickness from 1.1 to 1.5 m.

The deposit is composed primarily of coal type 31 to 32, for the direct use in the power station (about 90% of resources), as well as coking coal, type 34 (remaining 10%) with sulfur levels of about 1% and occasionally over 2%. The specific gravity is 1.35 t/m3 and the heat of combustion of coal is estimated at 24 000 to 30 000 kj/kg. The ash content is up to 12%.

spmap